Time's getting short, so here's my last chance to get a long run in before the CT50. Light work week this week, let's make something happen!
Monday - 30 Miles. Long run at Bluff Point. Woohoo! On a super windy but sunny Monday, I decided to pack a cooler with snacks, bananas, and bottles of Tailwind, fill up the CamelBak, drop the dog off at daycare, and hit Bluff Point. I'd use my truck as an aid station and run the 3.5 mile loop until I ran out of time. I texted Faith and she agreed to run for the first 1.5 hours with me! We chatted, there were tons of people out walking, and after she left I continued on until I hit my cutoff for time. Did exactly 30 miles. I have to say that it really wasn't that bad! I definitely could have gone longer without too much trouble, had I not run out of time...huge confidence boost for me, with just under three weeks to the race!
Tuesday - 4 Miles. Mystic trails. Sore legs, but nice day equaled taking an easy spin on the Nature Center trails. Legs still work!
Wednesday - 3 Miles - Lantern Hill. Did a dump run and decided to do a short run at Lantern, and play around with the chest mount for my GoPro:
This is the entire Lantern Hill Top to Bottom segment. A lot steeper and way more sketchy than it looks. This run I did in 3:41.
Thursday - 3.5 Miles - More Lantern! Hit Lantern Hill again, this time without a camera, and I did a double up and down this time. Good training! Bombed the downhills again :)
Friday - 0 - Work day, and I decided a day off would be good for me!
Saturday - 0 - Make that two days off!
Sunday - 8.5-9 Miles - Tour de Arcadia/Pachaug with Faith and Amie. Great fun in the rain! Started at Beach Pond, and took the Pachaug up to the Tippecansett connector, hit Deep Pond Trail, and even made the climb at the Hemlock Ledges Trail spur, before continuing around the pond and adding some extra time to get miles/time on feet. Great fun, got good and filthy and soaked!
So there's a 50 mile week with two full days off. I feel really good about the race, it's two weeks out and I can chill, do some shorter hilly runs, and stay mentally positive about where I'm at. The Little Engine that Could! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment