Toothy!
Well, shit! It's the third installment of the 7 Sisters race for me, and this time I'm bringing some backup! In 2015 we had a good showing from our area. Even a certain "frenemy" (who's in a social media time-out on my end) gave it a shot! I was nervous/excited that year and rented a room the night before, and loved the course immediately, running a 3:10 for the 12-ish technical, nasty miles with 4,000'-ish elevation gain? In 2016 I was the only taker from down our way, drove up the morning of the race and did well in OK conditions (cooler but muddy from recent rains). 3:15 for the effort. I feel as though I would go sub-3:00 with decent conditions...but the forecast is a probable repeat of LY, so we'll see!
So anyway, BLS is going back for a chat with the Sisters, and Jonny is gonna channel his inner Mountain Goat to tackle the course, and we're all driving up together. Fun! I'm also upping my mileage, after taking a very low mileage week post-Goat Hill race weekend.
Monday - 10. Bluff Point. Good run, partly on the main fire road and partly on the awesome singletrack trails, and there are a LOT.
Tuesday - 4. Hewitt Trails with Jim. Easy cruising on a bright, sunny afternoon, and everything's turning green again!
Wednesday - 4. Bluff Point with Faith. Even did some strides! Great short run to keep the momentum going.
Thursday - 0. Kitchen demo: cabinets, appliances, floor, ceiling...you get the picture. Fookin' heavy.
Friday - 0. Woke up with a sharp pain in my ankle, thankfully it went away a couple hours later!
Saturday - 11+. 7 Sisters trail race. Report forthcoming.
Sunday - 0.


I think I worked through my issues and am ready for this, gotta close out this decade with a HUGE win.
ReplyDeleteYes! Can't wait!!!
Delete