Post-snowstorm warmup ahead! Yes, snow on the ground, and warming up quickly to shorts weather! Awesome!!!
Monday - 0
Tuesday - 4 Miles - Short progression run from home.
Wednesday - 1.5 Miles - Sheep Farm trails, Groton. On my way to pick up the dawg, stopped in fading light to check out this small preserve up the street. Great trails, but I ran all of them and was at 1.5 miles when I had to leave. No sheep, lots of turkeys though, and a pretty cool little waterfall near the site of an old grist mill. Nice short run on trails new to me!
Thursday - 3 Miles - Lower Lantern Hill repeats. Had a small window after work and before my daughter's basketball game, so I hit Lantern Hill and did 5 repeats on the lower hill, and snagged another 500' of vert. in this short run. Shorts again!
Friday - 0.
Saturday - 2+ Miles - Trail/Road mix with my dog. Spent the bulk of the afternoon framing out the basement to split it into two rooms, with the intention of waterproofing the floor and finishing one half for a workshop/better workout space. My new miter saw kicks ass...
Sunday - 6.5 Miles - Carolina Management Area, Richmond RI. I'd never actually been to this place, even though it's pretty close. When I heard that Mike G. was scoping it out as a potential race site, I figured there must be some trails worth checking out! A check on Strava revealed numerous segments, so I decided to try my hand at a few. It's a very confusing property though, with the NS Trail being the only marked trail that I saw. I really enjoyed the singletrack stretches, but with any trail system, I need to spend some time there to understand the layout.
4 months to go!!!
ReplyDeleteI know! Yikes!!!
Delete